Boost Your Results, Reduce Your Hours
Bob Pozen gets a lot done. He’s taught a full course load at Harvard Business School while serving as the full-time chairman of a global financial services firm. He’s written six books and hundreds of articles, served on many boards of local charities and public companies, and raised a family with his wife of more than four decades. For over forty years, Pozen has worked smarter and faster than almost anyone around him.
Currently, Bob teaches three courses at MIT’s Sloan School of Management, including a course for executives called Maximizing Your Productivity. At the same time, Bob serves on four corporate boards and two non-profit boards. He is also chairman of the Leadership Council at the Tax Policy Center in Washington, DC, and sponsors the innovative schools program at the Boston Foundation.
In Extreme Productivity, Pozen reveals his secrets to workplace
productivity and high performance. The antidote to a calendar full of
boring meetings and a backlog of emails, his book shows professionals how
they can achieve their goals by making a critical shift in mindset: from
hours worked to results produced.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND INSIDE . . .
- Spending your time on your most important goals
- Focusing on the final product as soon as possible
- Accepting the B+ and moving on to more important tasks
- Establishing an efficient daily routine focused on your priorities
- Transporting your productive habits from the office to the road
- Running effective meetings and avoiding them altogether!
- Reading effectively by knowing your purpose
- Writing effectively by organizing your thoughts quickly
- Speaking effectively by engaging your audience
- Getting the most out of your team by getting out of the way
- Creating a mutually beneficial relationship with your boss
- Choosing your next job to maximize your career options
- Embracing change, but recognizing universal constants
- Maintaining balance between your work and your life
“This book is a must read for overwhelmed professionals. It gives you tips and tools to accomplish more on a daily basis and to make better choices about your career.”
Ambassador Charlene Barshefsky
former U.S. Trade Representative,
Partner at WilmerHale
“Personal productivity requires you to focus on the most important tasks rather than spending your time on busy work or small wins. If you want to learn how to raise your game, look no further than EXTREME PRODUCTIVITY. It is filled with practical advice to help you deliver the high-impact results your boss and organization look for in potential leaders.”
Chairman and CEO of Nielsen, former Vice Chairman of General Electric
“It’s impossible to get ahead in today’s knowledge economy without knowing how to read, write, and speak effectively. Pozen’s tips on these three subjects alone are enough to make EXTREME PRODUCTIVITY required reading for professionals-and aspiring professionals-of all levels.”
Shirley Ann Jackson
President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Former Chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
“Read this book if you want to learn how to run efficient and effective meetings-or how to avoid them altogether. Bob really knows how to lead a discussion, get the group engaged, and drive to a consensus on what to do.”
J. Michael Cook
Director of Comcast and IFF, Chairman and CEO Emeritus of Deloitte